Dark under eye circles can be very unaesthetic. Without them, a face inspires health and positivity. It also attracts all sorts of positive reactions from the others. When you’re dealing with those dark rings constantly, you should use Almond oil for dark circles.
The oil can reduce and diminish the dark coloration under your eyes. Get reading and find out more about:
- The benefits, advantages and the working mechanism of Sweet Almond oil on dark under eye circles.
- Almond oil recipes and remedies for dark circles. Discover interesting facts about various other natural tricks. They are tricks you can use to improve the appearance of dark circles.
- Tips and details on a correct massage technique to reduce the dark color from under your eyes.
- Important things to know about the causes and treatments of dark circles. There is not much medical or scientific data about this under eye condition. But there are still things to know that can help you understand the under eye skin better.
- More tips and a few safety words about the use of Almond oil to reduce the appearance of dark circles (DC).
The Use of Almond Oil for Dark Circles, plus Recipes and Application Tips
Dark under eye circles usually have a big impact on the social life of a person. They can make you look tired, sick, sad, hangover, pale and so on. Certain life situations require a neat, well-cared and healthy-looking aspect. These situations are mostly work and social interactions.
Luckily, a bit of foundation can disguise the dark circles under the eyes. But no matter how much foundation you use, deep and dark circles will still be visible.
There are many causes for which one could get dark circles. Whatever these causes may be, they can be worsened by general fatigue and lack of sleep. I will help you understand more about this aspect further on, in the last part.
How can Almond oil help in getting rid of dark circles?
This oil is one of the best beauty oils. It is a vegetable oil, also known as carrier. Indian people often refer to Almond oil as Badam oil.
Depending on the cause of your under eye circles, the use of Badam oil for dark circles may have various results. It has certain beneficial properties that make it useful in treatments to improve the aspect of dark circles.
Before we go into more details about that, you should know that there are two different types of oils. The sweet type is the safest to use, while the bitter Almond oil is not. You can read more about both Almond oils and their properties in this article.
Does Almond oil get rid of dark circles? It does indeed improve and reduce the dark coloration under eyes.
Sweet Almond oil for dark circles can also brighten the area thanks to a few good fatty acids it contains. You can get rid of some dark circles, while others are not so easy to get rid of.
Almond oil contains:
- Oleic acid (Omega 9) – Maintains the skin supple, soft and bright.
- Linoleic acid (Omega 6) – This essential fatty acid protects from inflammations. It also improves the function of the blood vessels, preventing clotting.
- Phytosterols – Improve the microcirculation and the protective barrier of the skin. Phytosterols can prevent premature aging and protect against UV rays. They give the skin elasticity as well.
- Triterpene alcohols – They have anti-inflammatory effects and protect the skin from infections.
- Vitamins A and E – These vitamins are both great antioxidants that fight the free radicals. They also soothe and nourish the skin deeply.
- Vitamin K – Is great to strengthen the soft tissue under the eyes. Vitamin K also improves the microcirculation under the thin skin around the eyes. That will brighten the area and the look.
- Palmitic and stearic acids – They are both nourishing and protective fatty acids that the skin needs to regenerate.
All these beneficial fatty acids and antioxidants make the oil of Almond great for dark circles. They can help lighten the dark skin under the eyes and even out the skin tone of your complexion.
- The oil is great for hyperpigmentation, which is often the cause for dark circles.
- Almond oil is also good for under eye bags and to boost the production of collagen.
- The latter is a very important quality as it can maintain the skin supple, nourished and hydrated.
- The oil is also gentle with the skin, it absorbs well and protects against UV rays.
Being well-absorbed can prevent fat deposits under the eyes that lead to puffiness and eye bags. All these benefits can lead to the prevention of premature aging and the improvement of wrinkles.
Simple Recipes for Dark Circles with Almond Oil
Luckily, the oil can be used in a very simple manner. You can experience and enjoy its skin lightening and protective effects very easily. You don’t need fancy or complex skin care recipes for that.
The oil can be used as it is, dabbed directly onto the under eye area, every night as part of your beauty routine.
You can also use Sweet Almond oil for dark under eye circles as makeup remover. It will remove the makeup without aggravating the sensitive skin around the eyes.
There are many natural active ingredients that you can use to make your own serums. Aside from Almond oil for dark circles, there are other good carriers to use:
- Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) – it absorbs well into the skin, nourishes and hydrates deeply. It doesn’t leave a greasy film under the eyes and maintains the skin’s elasticity.
- Tamanu (Calophyllum Inophyllum) – this oil has important anti-inflammatory properties. It can protect the sensitive skin around the eyes from infections and UV rays. Most importantly, Tamanu oil for dark circles can improve the microcirculation. It also maintains the skin supple and elastic.
As for essential oils, they can be added to dark circles serums, but in small quantities. It is also important to avoid massaging it too close to the eyes. They can irritate the eyes and cause temporary blurry visions.
That being said, the best essential oils for dark circles are:
- Immortelle (Helichrysum italicum) – this aromatic oil is among the best oils for scars and circulation. It is a great decongestant and stimulates the microcirculation under the skin. It can also protect against inflammations.
- Cistus (cistus ladaniferus) – this oil is a very good tonic for the veins and capillaries. It can also help the tissue regenerate.
- Lemon (citrus limon) – the oil is antioxidant and astringent. It can therefore, contract the tiny blood vessels under the sensitive skin around the eyes and reduce its dark color.
Now you have a few more active ingredients to mix and match. I say we get right to it and choose between any of the following remedies for dark circles under the eyes.
Get your inspiration and start enjoying the benefits of Sweet Almond oil as soon as possible.
Under Eye Dark Circles Recipe with Almond Oil
- Almond oil: 1 tablespoon (10ml)
- Tamanu oil: 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- Helichrysum essential oil: 2 drops
- Lemon essential oil: 2 drops
Blend all the ingredients together and shake well before each use. Store in a dark amber glass bottle and use within 6 months.
Apply a drop or two on the dark circles under your eyes, every night on a clean face. Use delicate massage movements. These are almost as important as the recipe itself.
Light Anti-Dark Circles Remedy
- Almond oil: 1 teaspoon
- Aloe Vera gel: 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice: 3 drops
- Vitamin C: 3 drops
Mix these ingredients together and shake each time before you use it. Apply with clean fingers on a clean skin a few drops and massage it gently until it absorbs. Leave on over the night and wash off in the morning with lukewarm water.
Vitamin C has been proven to thicken the skin around the eyes. It can also help to conceal the dark pigmentation that comes from a bad microcirculation.
Concentrated Almond Oil Serum Recipe for Dark Circles
- Almond oil: 1 tablespoon
- Macerated Carrot oil: 1 tablespoon
- Helichrysum O: 5 drops
- Cistus EO: 5 drops
Mix all these ingredients well and dab a few drops under the eyes. The use of Macerated Carrot oil and Almond oil for dark circles in this blend can diminish the dark rings. They can lighten the skin and protect it against infections and free radicals.
Both carriers and essential oils will prevent and improve the aspect of wrinkles as well. This blend is among the best treatments for dark circles. It can also deal with puffiness, else known as under eye bags.
Other natural remedies for dark circles are:
- Milk (animal and vegetal)
- Rose hydrosol (floral water)
- Chamomile tea bags (cold)
- Potato slices
- Cucumber slices (cold)
Fresh cucumbers contain antioxidants that improve the circulation under the eye area.
They also contain vitamin K, which is great to boost the synthesis of proteins. It can help stimulate the blood flow, without settling to give that dark color.
The use of potatoes for dark circles is also very efficient.
Potatoes contain bleaching agents that diminish the appearance of those rings under your eyes. Keep a slice on each eye for 5 – 10 minutes in the evening. Continue with Almond oil for dark circles.
Cold teabags can protect against itchiness and inflammation of the eyelids. The cold constricts the tiny blood vessels and slows down the blood in the skin under your eyes.
What are the advantages of using blends with Sweet Almond oil for dark circles and eye bags?
- They are 100% pure and natural.
- They’re very easy to make and use.
- Aromatherapy massages are very relaxing, especially when using scents you like. Almond oil has a pleasant and mild scent itself.
- Almond oil is very economical, as you only need small quantities to make fresh blends. The oil comes in large bottles that usually hold for months.
A Proper Anti-Dark Circles Massage Technique
The massage movements you apply to your sensitive under eye area are just as important as the blends you choose. It is especially important because that area is very thin and sensitive.
Friction or pressure may damage it. But at the same time, the microcirculation needs to be stimulated and improved.
So how do you make your Almond oil blend for under eye circles work better? With a few tips and good massage movements.
1) Dab 1 – 2 drops of Almond oil under each eye. Use both middle fingers at the same time and start moving them from the temples toward the interior of the eyes. Keep at it for at least 5 minutes, ideally 10 – 15 minutes.
2) Dip your middle fingers in Sweet Almond oil. Start massaging with circular movements all around the eyes. Start from the interior of the eyes and continue toward the exterior in a complete circle.
This means you’ll include the massage of the eyelids as well. That will help with eyelash growth too. Perform these movements each night, for as long as you can.
3) Apply your anti-dark circles serum and tap the skin under the eyes 5 or 6 times with the middle fingers.
Simply slap the skin gently with the oil and press lightly. Move from the interior of the eye toward the temples, 3 or 4 times. You can perform this movement morning and evening.
You can try each massage technique and then choose the one you feel more comfortable with. Or you can mix the movements as you like.
This way, the use of Badam or Almond oil for dark circles will be more effective and the results will come a bit faster.
Understanding the Dark Under Eye Circles! With Tips and Safety Words
Medically speaking, dark circles are known as infraorbital dark circles. Up until this day, there is no given clear definition of this skin condition. There isn’t enough knowledge about its possible causes either.
Nonetheless, from the few trials and analyses done, more details and facts have surfaced.
The most important conclusion so far is that the treatment should be personalized. There can be many causes for which one could have dark circles. That’s why their treatment or remedy must be the right one.
The causes for dark circles under the eyes can be:
- Thin and translucent skin under the eyes.
- Tear trough (age related).
- Shadow cast from the lower lid that lacks elasticity (skin laxity).
- Bone structure.
All these causes can be worsened by:
- Lack of sleep,
- Allergies and inflammations,
- Imbalanced diets,
Dry skin and vitamin deficiencies can also affect the sensitive and thin area under your eyes.
If the cause is not genetics or bone structure, you’re among the lucky ones. A doctor could help you establish the cause of your dark rings under the eyes. Knowing that, will help you use the best treatment.
Regardless of the cause, using Almond oil for dark circles is always beneficial. The skin under your eyes needs to be hydrated and protected at all times. Especially if you want to prevent wrinkles and diminish the dark circles.
As for the dark circles due to bone structure, depending on the way the light is cast, they can show or not. Nevertheless, general fatigue, illnesses, lifestyle, etc. can worsen their appearance.
As you can see, Sweet Almond oil can be of great help for dark circles, no matter what causes them.
- Eyelid shadowing can be caused by a bulging contour of the lower lid. Fat deposits and water retention from a salty meal can cause the eyelid to bulge.
- The bluish color of the dark circles is due to the most superficial dermal capillary network.
- The brown color of dark circles is caused by dermal melanin.
Take a close look at the dark rings under your eyes (without makeup, of course). Depending on their aspect, you can decide which Almond oil blend recipe to use.
The oil alone can fill in some of the hollows in the skin around the periorbital area. That makes the skin look suppler and fuller.
Tips and Safety Words
Being as sensitive and thin as it is, the under eye skin must be handled with a lot of care. Here are a few safety words and tips to help you take better care of it and diminish those dark circles.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes. That can cause small tears and lesions to the skin and loss of eyelashes.
- When moisturizing the under eye area with Almond oil, use your middle fingers only. These fingers have less power, thus the pressure is also little.
- Tap and massage the skin for a few good minutes until the oil is well absorbed.
- Use Almond oil for dark circles on a daily basis to get the best results.
- Sleep at least 7 hours a night.
- Drink plenty of water daily to eliminate toxins and hydrate the skin.
- Try to avoid excesses (alcohol, food, drugs, cigarettes, etc.)
- Use monitor protection and regulate your computer’s luminosity as to not hurt your eyes.
- Take vitamin supplements.
- Keep your Almond oil and its blends in a cool, dark and dry place. The fridge is usually the best option. If it smells rancid, stop using it. Once it goes bad, the oil doesn’t have much skin benefits.
- As for the best Almond oil to use for dark circles, you should always go for the sweet type. Its Latin/botanical name is Prunus Amygdalus var. Dulcis. This type of Almond oil needs to be cold pressed and pure, with a clear pale yellow color.
A simple, natural oil like Almond can help the skin under your eyes become brighter, softer and firmer. Almond oil for dark circles can be used as it is or combined with other natural ingredients.
Certain essential oils are even recommended to diminish the bluish color of those dark circles.
How do you find the oil of Almond? Ever tried it for dark under eye circles? If you have comments or any tips or advices, don’t hesitate to share them with us. I’d be most delighted to read them.