Losing weight is healthy. Not to mention the boost in confidence all that energy and good looks give you. Today, more and more people want natural remedies for weight control. This article is a full review of the doTerra Slim and Sassy Metabolic blend. We will see if it does help with weight management, among many others.
Thus, you’ll be reading about:
- The ingredients that make this blend. Plus the way each contributes to weight management.
- All the benefits of the Slim and Sassy oil blend. We will see what science has to say about the essential oils that make the blend.
- Reviews of doTerra’s Slim and Sassy blend, as experienced by others.
- Where to buy the metabolic blend, even if you don’t have a doTerra advocate nearby.
- The side effects of the Slim and Sassy blend, with safety tips for a proper use.
- A few words about the perfume of this slimming blend provided by doTerra. This type of information may be useful in knowing what to expect when you receive the blend.
- Other uses and recipe ideas with the Slim and Sassy oil blend to try out. Sometimes, it’s useful to just break the routine and try different recipes with your blend.
doTerra Slim and Sassy Metabolic Blend (Benefits, Reviews and Where to Buy)
doTerra offers Aromatherapy users a mixture of oils to support metabolism.
It is said to help lose weight, stop weight gain and curb the appetite and hunger. It can also improve the morale, which we know it’s very important when trying to lose weight.
It is a long journey, but it is especially rewarding when you’ve reached your weight goals.
The human body is built to adapt and it can endure many changes. Metabolism may be damaged when trying various diets and methods to lose weight.
Metabolism is a set of transformations in the body that keep it alive. Its role is to convert food into energy or to build the matter the cells need. Another of its purposes is to help the body get rid of waste (uric acid, urea, creatinine, etc.).
The doTerra Slim and Sassy is a metabolic blend. But what does this mean? It means that all the essential oils it contains can stimulate the metabolism.
Thus, it can work faster and better and help the body burn more fat. One other tested and proved the method of stimulating metabolism is physical exercise.
Let’s see what those ingredients are and what they can do for weight management:
Grapefruit essential oil (Citrus paradisi) –
This oil is a stimulant. It can stimulate all the organs to work better, including metabolism. Its fresh aroma can stimulate smell receptors and the nervous system. That translates into a better mood. It can also dissolve fat, which makes it great for cholesterol and cellulite.
Lemon essential oil (Citrus limon) –
This oil’s been studied for its crave-suppressing and mood-enhancement effects. The oil of Lemon can increase bile production and speed up digestion. It can also prevent the accumulation of fat. Lemon improves blood circulation and calms down the nervous system. This may result in curbing hunger feelings in the brain.
Peppermint essential oil (Mentha piperita) –
Peppermint oil is an excellent metabolism booster. It helps with a slow and difficult digestion. It also promotes a better function of organs that deal with waste elimination. The oil regulates menstruation and deals with inflammation in the body. Excess weight causes a lot of inflammation. Using Peppermint oil in a blend can also help with exhaustion and low blood pressure.
Ginger essential oil (Zingiber officinale) –
This therapeutic essence is especially known for maintaining the colon in good health. It improves digestion and speeds up evacuation. The oil is also anti-inflammatory and antibacterial. It can also stimulate the senses and nerves, improving the libido too.
Cinnamon essential oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) –
Also known as true cinnamon, this oil has great effects on glucose absorption (on animals). It stimulates glucose metabolism and glycogen synthesis and insulin release among others. It can also reduce bad cholesterol levels. Cinnamon oil is a great antioxidant too.
This blend contains two citrus oils. I’ve also reviewed the doTerra Citrus Bliss blend, where I’m talking more about them. The citrus oils used by doTerra are cold-pressed or expressed.
This means they are phototoxic and the blend should not be used on skin before or after sun exposure. With sun exposure, phototoxic essential oils may cause serious skin lesions and burns.
They also warn about not using their blend in the sun or UV light. Steam-distilled citrus essential oils are not phototoxic.
Does doterra Slim and Sassy work? Taken individually, each type of aromatic essence has its own set of effects. There are also precautions, of course. Being natural doesn’t necessarily mean safe to use in any amount. You’ll find out more on this topic in the next part of the post.
Taken together, all these essential oils make a very potent mixture. That mixture is known as doTerra Slim and Sassy Metabolic blend. Let’s see what its main benefits for weight loss are:
An improved metabolism.
The active molecules of Peppermint and citruses can indeed stimulate vital functions. They can also improve blood circulation. This promotes a better oxygenation and delivers more nutrients to the cells.
They can also speed up digestion and waste elimination. Citrus oils are diuretic too, which means they increase the production of urine. That also eliminates toxins from the body.
Better management of cravings.
There is scientific proof that suggests some phytochemicals can indeed suppress the appetite. Or they can enhance the feeling of fullness. Phytochemicals are active chemical compounds found in plants. They contribute to biological changes in our bodies.
These phytochemicals were found in vegetable (carrier) oils. That is not a bad thing, however, as essential oils can be mixed with carrier oils. Thus, blends such as the doTerra Slim and Sassy can be mixed with carriers.
Still, citrus oils are often seen as appetite suppressors. Peppermint oil, on the other hand, has already been proven as an appetite suppressor.
The inhalation of Peppermint essential oil, every 2 hours for 5 days was able to:
– Reduce calorie intake.
– Reduce hunger level.
– Control sugar cravings.
– Decrease overall appetite.
There is at least one study that supports the beneficial effects of inhaling Lemon oil. Lemon is high in limonene, a class of active molecules. They can be found in pretty much all citrus essential oils (Lime, Mandarin, Grapefruit, etc.).
The lemon in the Slim and Sassy oil blend promotes a good mood. It stimulates the release of norepinephrine also. It is a hormone that increases alertness and focus. At the same time, it raises the heart rate and pumps more blood, heating the body. This also contributes to fat burning.
doTerra Slim and Sassy Reviews
There are lots of people who’ve used the doTerra metabolic blend. One way or another most of them found it useful. I’ve read these reviews so I can now summarize my findings for an easy read:
- Many found the blend’s aroma tasty and uplifting.
- Others found it too overpowering.
- Those who gave it enough time actually saw improvements in their weight loss. It takes about 2 months of regular use, a balanced diet and exercise to see the benefits.
- Many felt irritation/burning on the esophagus or heartburn. That happens when the blend is used incorrectly. We’ll see more about this in a few paragraphs.
The smell of the blend and its taste are bitter and pungent, that is clear. For the other benefits, you’ll have to give it time to work. Those benefits, you can experience on your own after trying this blend.
My review here for the doTerra Slim and Sassy is meant to help you maintain realistic expectations. The blend can work, if it’s used properly and for a long enough period of time.
Where Do You Buy a Slim and Sassy Metabolic doTerra Blend?
First of all, the doTerra Metabolic blend should come in a dark glass bottle. Essential oils are sensitive to light and heat.
Check for sediments on the bottom and the blend’s shelf life (expiry date). Once you open the bottle, the blend should be kept in a cool, dark place. The best would be your fridge. Citrus oils have an average shelf life of a year. Cinnamon is more resistant.
But because they’re all a blend, you should give it up to a year before buying a new bottle. Using the Slim and Sassy blend for weight loss, however, will consume fast.
If you have a doTerra advocate nearby, you can buy from him/her. If you don’t, then you can find the product on Amazon at a fairly good price. You do have an alternative and that is to buy all 6 essential oils separately. But it will cost you more than the doTerra metabolic blend.
doTerra Slim and Sassy Side Effects, How to Use It Properly and Safety Tips
Essential oils are potent substances. One drop of Peppermint essential oil, for instance, is equal to about 20 cups of peppermint tea. They are natural plant extracts, but they can also be harmful. It takes careful handling, storage, and appropriate use to enjoy the blend’s full benefits.
The most noticeable side effect of the doTerra Slim and Sassy oil blend is irritation or burning. Many people take the blend with water, which is not wise at all. Essential oils don’t mix with water. The oil molecules pool and float above the water.
When you ingest that water, the oil molecules, being heavier than water, will be left behind. That is why people feel their throats or stomach burning (acid reflux).
The oils stick tomucousmucus membranes and get absorbed into the tissue and capillaries. And they’ll burn that sensitive area.
Hot water (tea, coffee, etc.) will simply decrease the intensity of the blend. Not only they don’t mix, but heat helps the oil molecules evaporate faster. That means you’ll be left with only a small amount of blend to ingest, which will also cause irritation.
How Do You Use the doTerra Slim and Sassy Blend?
As you can see, the use of doTerra Slim and Sassy Metabolic blend can help you manage your weight. It has to be done smartly though. Combine it with regular exercise and a balanced diet, and use it for at least 8 weeks.
- The best way to use the doTerra Slim and Sassy blend is to mix it with vegetable oil. It can be Olive oil, Palm oil or it can be Korean Pine nut oil. The latter have been found effective at suppressing appetite. They can also make you feel full for a longer time.
You can mix 4 drops of Slim and Sassy with 4 fl. Oz vegetable oil and take one teaspoon before each meal, daily. Or you can fill a capsule with 500 mg of the latter mentioned blend. Drink it with plenty of water. My personal advice however, is to never ingest essential oils or blends without first consulting a doctor.
- The inhalation of Peppermint and the other oils can affect the metabolism. Because of that, you can use this blend in daily diffusions too.
Diffuse 3 – 4 or up to 10 drops of Slim and Sassy oil blend, for 20 minutes per session. A diffusion session should last 30 minutes tops, and it can be repeated every 2 hours.
It takes about 20 minutes for the smell receptors to become numb. Also, research shows that 60+ minutes of oil inhalation can make you restless, raise heart rate and cause anxiety.
The room in which you diffuse the doTerra Slim and Sassy Metabolic blend needs to be well ventilated. They can saturate the air and cause headaches and nausea.
All these things point towards not diffusing essential oils continuously. Thus, sleeping with a diffuser on is not a good idea.
- Another very good (and safe) way of using this slimming blend is with a topical massage. It has been shown that Aromatherapy massage can reduce abdominal subcutaneous fat. The subcutaneous fat is found under the skin. It can also reduce waist circumference and improve the overall body aspect.
Mix up to 30 drops of Slim and Sassy blend per 1 Oz carrier oil. Massage vigorously, using upward movements on the cellulite affected area, daily.
Safety Tips for Safe Slim and Sassy Blend Use
You’re now aware of the side effects of the Slim and Sassy blend. Here are a few tips to use it safely. They are more like a recap, which is always useful to have them written down somewhere:
- Dilute the blend with a carrier oil (or honey) before ingesting it.
- Ask your doctor for advice on the right dosage and length of treatment. They might be different for each person and the recommended 4 drops may not be enough. A doctor can give you the correct dosage for your age, considering your gender and medical history.
- Do not use Slim and Sassy if you suffer from seizures, epilepsy or asthma. Peppermint can trigger seizures.
- Test the blend on a small area for allergic reactions. Mix it with a bit of carrier and leave it overnight.
- Avoid using the blend with water, cold or hot.
- Don’t give it to children without medical guidance.
- If you suffer from diabetes or other severe illnesses, you should consult a doctor before using the doTerra metabolic blend.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not use it either. Not without their doctor’s approval.
- Avoid using large amounts of the slimming blend. The oils may damage the kidneys or liver.
- Avoid using the blend around the eyes, nose or mouth. Never pour it inside the ears either.
- If you use it for facial blends, do it in the cold season. Avoid sun or UV exposure for 24 hours after its use.
doTerra Slim and Sassy Blend Perfume and Notes
The fragrance of the Slim and Sassy blend is described as warm, spicy and herbal. Cinnamon is not too overpowering, but it’s a middle-base note.
This means it’ll be the last to linger on the skin. Ginger is also pretty pungent. It has a spicy note, just like Cinnamon, but it is also herbal.
The citrus oils (Lemon and Grapefruit) give the blend a fresh and uplifting note. These are top notes. They will be the first to smell after opening the bottle.
This perfume may be to your liking, or it may not. The idea is that you now know what to expect. Maybe you already know how each essence smells individually. In that case, you can make a pretty good idea on how the doterra metabolic blend will smell like.
This blend can also be mixed with other essences. Other spicy and herbal oils work great in combination. You could use Cassia, Cardamom, Aniseed, Black Pepper, etc. Or you could mix it with Chamomile and Sage.
Earthy notes work well with the Slim and Sassy too. For that, you can try to mix the slimming blend with Patchouli, Valerian or Angelica.
Slim and Sassy Uses and Other Recipe Ideas with It
Slim and Sassy can be used as it is, or it can be mixed with other oils. Whether they’re carriers or other essential oils, it makes no difference.
I’ve put together a few Aromatherapy recipes to help you with weight loss. Pick the one you need or like and feel free to change the recipe should you need to. Just make sure your ingredients have similar effects.
Anti-Cellulite Slim and Sassy Recipe
- doTerra Slim and Sassy oil blend: 30 drops
- Macadamia oil: 2 Oz (60ml)
- Juniper essential oil: 20 drops
Give the blend a good shake before each use; that’ll activate the oil molecules. Apply on the affected areas, twice a day for at least a month. Keep at it and use energetic movements toward the heart. Take a 5-day break after a month’s use and start again. You can keep it up until you’re satisfied with the results.
Suppress Appetite Diffuser Recipe
- Slim and Sassy doTerra blend: 10 drops
- Peppermint essential oil: 10 drops
Store the oil mixture into a small, dark glass bottle and use 5 – 10 drops per diffusion. You can diffuse oils as many times as you want, each day. But not continuously!
Recipe for Slim and Sassy (to take internally)
- Honey: 1 tsp.
- Fat yoghurt: 1 tsp.
- Olive oil: 1 tsp.
- doTerra Slim and Sassy: 2 drops
Mix all the ingredients really well and take it on an empty stomach and before each meal. Combine with the diffuser recipe to control your cravings and lose as much weight as you want.
Does doterra Slim and Sassy work? Now you know that it has great potential, especially when used properly. Unfortunately, losing weight is a complex process that needs a lot of pieces to fit. Diet, exercise and a blend like doTerra Slim and Sassy can make the puzzle whole.
Will you give this blend a try now, or have you already used it? If so, what was your impression? Or maybe you know someone who has tried it in their weight management program? Do let me know, as I look forward to hearing from all of you.