Moisturizing your skin is the best thing you can do to prevent premature aging. The best news is that today, there are tons of options to choose from. When it comes to the best natural face moisturizer, I’ve prepared a list of reviews. All major skin types can pick something appropriate, with the help of pros and cons for each product.
In this article, you’ll be reading about:
- Product reviews, with pros and cons and tips to help you decide. You’ll find the products in categories like mature skin, problematic skin and SPF. These are among the most sensitive skin types that usually need special care and attention.
- Do you know which moisturizer to pick for daytime use? What about nighttime use? Do you know whether there’s a difference between them or are they the same? Find out all these things and shed some light on this matter, once and for all.
Best Natural Face Moisturizer Reviews, with Pros and Cons
You can get glowing, radiant skin if you moisturize it properly. Luckily, today there are more natural options when it comes to skin care & beauty products. Face creams that contain natural or organic ingredients can absorb into your skin on a deep level.
They usually contain:
- Vegetable oils (jojoba, olive, avocado, etc.),
- And essential oils (Peppermint, Bergamot, etc.),
- Natural face lotions can also contain vitamins and antioxidants,
- Or lightening pigments.
These types of ingredients can protect the skin and strengthen it. They can also boost its collagen production among others.
Many skin care products are still 100% synthetic and that’s not ok. Substances like aluminum have been linked to various cancer forms. And like it, there are others found in beauty and skin care lotions.
Luckily, the demand for more natural products is increasing every year. That makes it easy to find very affordable, high-quality products.
This is where me and my list step in. I’ve looked for the best natural face moisturizer products and found a few to fit the profile. They are either natural, all-natural or organic. They also have very good reviews and are popular among many women.
Check them out and decide which one is best for your skin. I would advise you to read about skin types first, to determine yours correctly. It is best done before investing time and money into a new product. The right product could mean the world for your skin!
A problematic skin could mean:
- Dry skin,
- Sensitive skin,
- Reactive skin,
- Excess sebum, etc.
Check out these top 3 best natural moisturizers for face, with their pros and cons.
1) Sibu Beauty Nourishing Facial Cream (Daytime Use)
The company’s slogan is “Sea Berry Therapy”. It specializes in sea buckthorn based beauty products. Sea buckthorn is a powerful antioxidant, among others. If you’re looking for a lightweight natural facial moisturizer, the Sibu cream may be it.
- Why could this product be the best natural and organic face moisturizer? It can be so because it moisturizes, rejuvenates, repairs and protects. Its main ingredients are water, Sea buckthorn oil and glycerin. It also contains Olive oil, Meadowfoam oil and Shea butter. As essential oils, it contains Orange, Lemon, Tangerine and Grapefruit. There is also Bergamot, and Lemongrass, along with some Coriander. Of course, Aloe Vera is also part of the ingredients.
- It is light and non-greasy and can be used daily.
- The product can be used under makeup too.
- Sibu Facial Cream has a light citrus aroma.
- It’s not tested on animals and doesn’t contain parabens, sodium or preservatives.
- Also, the product doesn’t contain dairy, wheat or gluten.
- It absorbs relatively fast, leaving the skin smooth and soft to touch.
- This all-natural facial moisturizer weighs 1 Oz (30ml) but the package weighs 3.8 ounces (108 grams).
- The product’s reviews are 90% high quality (grade A on Fakespot). This means the cream is trustworthy and good to try.
- The Sea Buckthorn may cause allergies (redness, irritation, etc.) to sensitive people. Be sure to test it in advance.
- The product contains some other added substances too. They may cause dryness to certain types of skin. I suggest testing it before applying the product on the whole complexion. Some people have reported dryness and itchiness after use of Sibu facial cream.
- Avoid contact with eyes and the area around them. The skin there is more sensitive and thin and could react to this face cream.
Why I like it:
It’s a light daytime face moisturizer, which can be used under makeup too. It is what oily and combination skin types would need, especially during summer.
2) Burt’s Bees Radiance Day Cream
If nourishment is what your skin needs, this product promises to take care of it. The product is produced by a very considerate small company.
A company that draws inspiration from a little insect like the bee. Their philosophy, history, culture and products are all based on it. Their line of products includes even baby products, which are gentle and safe to use.
- The cream comes in a 2 Oz (60ml) glass jar.
- As one of the best natural face moisturizers, Burt’s Bees is 99% natural.
- Its main ingredients are raw honey and royal jelly of course. Besides those ingredients, there is also Sunflower oil, which is non-comedogenic. Other ingredients are water, wild cherry extract, pollen, birch extract and cucumber. It contains Lemon, Spearmint and Chamomile essential oils too.
- This natural face moisturizer is packed with vitamins and antioxidants. It also contains amino acids that can deal with fine lines, wrinkles, lack of elasticity, etc.
- As a natural face lotion, Burt’s Bee can nourish a problematic skin during the day.
- The weight of the product is 6.9 ounces (196 grams).
- The product is great for mature skin that’s sensitive, acne-prone or oily. But it can easily be used by younger people to prevent premature aging too.
- On Fakespot, this product is rated with 80% high quality reviews (grade B). This means you can trust its reviews and give it a try.
- Burt’s Bees natural face moisturizer contains added perfume and other substances. They may cause allergic skin reactions. I suggest testing the product before applying all over the skin.
- For some skin types, the same non-natural added ingredients may dry it out.
Why I like it:
Do you like the smell of honey? This product smells like honey and it’s very pleasant. If you’re not allergic to any of its ingredients, Burt’s Bee could become the best natural face moisturizer. It’s nice to apply on the neck and décolleté as it absorbs fast. It’s easy to apply and works well under makeup too.
3) Wild Naturals Manuka Honey Healing Moisturizer Cream
As an expanding family business, Wild Naturals offers chemical-free products. They focus on rebalancing the skin’s PH and adding easy to read ingredients. This product has many advantages to its name and makes for a good choice as daytime moisturizer.
- The company is proud to announce their facial moisturizer doesn’t contain water. This usually shortens the shelf life of a product because of mold growth risk.
- The product doesn’t contain alcohol, perfume, parabens or harsh chemicals.
- The Manuka Honey Cream contains Manuka honey, Hemp seed oil, Coconut and Olive oils. It also contains vitamins, butters (Shea and cocoa) and Aloe Vera gel.
- As one of the best all-natural face moisturizers, Manuka cream is non-greasy and doesn’t clog pores. Or so does the seller say.
- It is also recommended for sensitive skin types.
- The product is hypoallergenic.
- The UMF of the Manuka honey is 12+. Therefore, it is highly antibacterial and healing. That makes it very appropriate for acne-prone skin, eczema, psoriasis, etc.
- The cream’s PH is 5.5, like your skin’s PH.
- The facial moisturizer can last up to 12 hours.
- The seller guarantees your money back if you’re not satisfied.
- The product’s weight is 8 Oz. (227 grams).
- You can use this face moisturizer to remedy aging signs or for dry, cracked skin. But it can also be used for irritations, sunburns, itchiness, rosacea and fungal infections.
- It can be worn under makeup too, as long as you let it absorb completely.
- Not only does it work for face care but it works as a general repair & protect moisturizer too.
- For optimum results, the seller recommends to apply the cream 2 – 3 times a day.
- This product has a total of 80% high quality reviews, which make it trustworthy.
- The manufacturer says the cream lasts for up to 12 hours and won’t wash off. This may not be a good thing, especially if you have oily or combination skin. For dry skin on the other hand, the thickness could prove very useful.
- The product contains some other non-natural ingredients (binders, fillers, etc.). They may cause your skin to react badly or dry it up (for some). I recommend a patch test and leaving it on for the night before widespread use.
- Make sure you’re not allergic to Manuka honey before using it on a long term.
Why I like it:
Manuka oils and honey are reputed for their strong antibacterial properties. This product is strong enough to help with all sorts of inflammations and irritations on the face, and not only. This natural face moisturizer can be taken on trips and holidays too.
This type of skin needs a different kind of care and ingredients. While there might still be some acne there, mature skin is more resistant. Wrinkles, lack of elasticity and age spots are just a few problems with which mature skin has to put up with. Let’s see what could help your mature skin glow again.
1) Amara Organics Retinol Cream for Face 2.5% with Hyaluronic Acid
Retinol and hyaluronic acid are very good anti-aging active ingredients. This cream uses them both, which make the product a good choice for mature skin types.
- The product comes in an elegant 1.7 fl. Oz. (50ml) recipient.
- It contains 2.5% Retinol (vitamin A derived), Hyaluronic acid, Jojoba oil and Shea butter. It also contains Sunflower oil, Palm oil, vitamin E, Camellia oil (green tea) and Propolis. There is Aloe Vera gel in this facial lotion. All these oils and extracts are organic.
- This natural face moisturizer can be the best as it doesn’t clog pores (it’s non-comedogenic).
- The seller promises their product will work even better the longer you use it.
- It’s great for acne and acne scars, discoloration and an uneven skin tone. The lotion can make your skin look firm, smooth and supple.
- For acne prone skin, the Retinol Cream may reduce blackheads and clear up blemishes. But it can also minimize enlarged pores.
- You can also get your money back if you’re not happy with the product.
- There are no parabens, perfumes, dyes or artificial colors in this moisturizer.
- This product enjoys 80% high quality reviews on Fakespot, which makes it trustworthy.
- There is a chance of getting irritation because of some ingredients the cream contains.
- The retinol concentration increases the skin sensitivity to the sun. Always use sun protection after applying this lotion.
- Your skin might need an adjustment period. Because of that, the seller recommends using the cream every other night, the first few weeks.
- Avoid excess drying by using the cream only once a day.
Why I like it:
This may easily make it on the list of best natural face moisturizers as it can be used not just on face. You can apply on neck and décolleté too and improve aging signs.
2) SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Anti-Aging (Nighttime Use)
Shea butter is known for its emollient properties. Using it as anti-aging ingredient is a good choice as it can maintain the skin elastic and firm. Take a look at what could turn this product into the best organic face moisturizer.
- The product is great at redefining facial contours and improving skin elasticity. It hydrates and nourishes the skin on a deep level. This product can also fill in fine lines and improve the aspect of wrinkles.
- It absorbs quickly and doesn’t clog pores.
- This organic facial moisturizer contains vegetable wax and Jojoba oil. It also contains natural butters like Shea butter, Cocoa butter and Mango butter (or oil). The product contains water too. It also contains vitamin E and Frankincense and Myrrh essential oils. They’re both known anti-aging ingredients.
- The moisturizer has a thick consistency.
- Cruelty-free product.
- It is more suited for nighttime use as it’s thicker than those needed during the day.
- On Fakespot, the product is rated A – 90% high quality reviews.
- The moisturizer is especially nourishing for dry, cracked skin.
- Though the seller says it absorbs fast and doesn’t clog pores, Shea butter can be too heavy for oily, acne prone skin. Used during wintertime, in a very small amount, it might work, otherwise I would tread carefully.
- Make sure you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients it contains. Give it a simple test before widespread use on the face.
Why I like it:
The SheaMoisture Anti-Aging Moisturizer is especially good when it’s cold and windy. The skin tends to become dry a lot faster and needs thicker moisturizers. This one could be the best organic face moisturizer for those times.
SPF Face Moisturizer
SPF is extremely important in a beauty routine, and not just at the beach. Dermatologists would say it’s crucial to wear sunscreen whenever you go out, regardless of the season. Here is one of the best natural face moisturizer products that have SPF. And the majority of its ingredients natural!
1) Andalou Naturals Ultra Sheer Daily Defense Facial Lotion SPF 18
This is one product that gets good reviews all around. Not many of the best natural face moisturizers have sun protection factor (SPF) in them. This lotion could be the answer to some of your UV protection concerns.
- This facial moisturizer comes in a pack that weighs 2.7 Oz (80 ml).
- It has SPF 18, which is great for everyday use, regardless of the season.
- The product is gluten-free, organic and nature derived. It is also sustainably sourced and cruelty free. Non-GMO ingredients.
- The Andalou SPF Facial Moisturizer contains inactive ingredients like resveratrol, vitamin C and fruit stem cells. It also contains a berry complex, CoQ10 and vitamin E. The active ingredients are: Octocrylene (5%), Octisalate (5%) and Avobenzone (2.4%). They are all sun blockers. The latter two are sunscreen ingredients with a generally safe profile.
- The product is said to be hypoallergenic and with a balanced PH.
- For best effects, apply the Andalou SPF moisturizer 15 – 30 minutes before sun exposure.
- Can be worn under makeup.
- Both the company and the product have 90% high quality reviews.
- Octocrylene (SPF ingredient) has the potential to cause allergic skin reactions to sensitive skin types.
- Avoid applying this SPF face moisturizer on damaged skin, even if it’s organic.
- Also, avoid contact with the eyes.
- It is not water resistant.
- Could be too thick for oily or combination skin types.
Why I like it:
Because of all the antioxidants and good oils it contains, Andalou is a good option for mature skin types. I would however, recommend it to younger complexions too. It can be a good preventive measure for premature aging. Plus, the fact that it has SPF makes it one of the best organic and natural face moisturizers.
Day Moisturizer vs. Night Moisturizer, Which One to Choose and Why?
Day and night moisturizers have one thing in common. That is they both moisturize the skin, but the depth and way they do it is different. The beauty regimen of a woman has become very complex these days.
You have the cleansing and then the toning. Then you have the lotion or cream and serum… And to all that, you add all the various skin types and products for each that it’s so easy to become confused.
It’s true that the right skin care regimen can help you get the radiant complexion you want. But in order to find the best natural face moisturizer, you have to think about a few things.
- The first one is your skin type.
- The second is the season. The cold, the wind and the freeze, the sun and humidity, they all affect your skin’s needs.
Oily skin types for instance, need more moisture in the winter just like the others. Dry skin types come in degrees for which thicker or less thick moisturizers may or may not work. The list can go on. If all else seems too much to you, the moisturizer should be the most important.
How do you know what type to use during the day or night? And why does this thing matter?
The environment affects the needs of the skin. Days are totally different from nights, and so the skin needs different things each time.
During the day, the skin has to deal with:
Day moisturizers need to:
- Protect the skin from aggressions while maintaining it hydrated.
- Protect it against free radicals (UV light).
- Treat or improve the aspect of irritations and redness.
- Hold well under makeup.
- Penetrate the skin and be lightweight, without giving it a sticky look.
In other words, day moisturizers need to maintain the skin hydrated all day long and avoid tightness. This way, they can prevent signs of premature aging.
During the night, the skin is protected from all the day’s aggressions. But it begins the complex process of regenerating. This happens while you’re sleeping.
That’s why, nighttime moisturizers need to:
- Nourish the skin deeply to aid the regeneration process.
- Be thicker than the daytime moisturizer. That is because lots of fatty acids are needed to nourish the skin at night.
- It does not contain SPF.
- There are repairing nighttime moisturizers. They are mostly recommended to dry skin types.
- There are also reconstructive moisturizers. They are great for normal or combination skin types.
- Anti-aging moisturizers are best for mature skin types, of course. These types of moisturizers can also help restructure the skin, as well as nourish it and keep it firm.
The facial moisturizer you choose depends on your preferences and needs. What it matters most is for it to contain active ingredients that repair and nourish the skin. That promotes cellular renewal.
You can use a daytime moisturizer at night but never the other way around. A night moisturizer is too thick and doesn’t have the necessary protective ingredients for the day’s agressions. That would make it hard to apply makeup on or protect against the sun’s damaging effects.
Both, day and night moisturizers, are complimentary and necessary for a glowing, clear and radiant skin.
Now you know what the best natural face moisturizer should look like and what it should do.
Notes on Skin Hydration
The skin doesn’t absorb water. It absorbs other fats through sebum, but water doesn’t mix with fats. For a facial moisturizer to hydrate the skin, the key is to actually trap the water inside it.
A good moisturizer will form a non-sticky, non-shiny film on the skin. That film will keep the water inside the skin cells and help it stay elastic and plump (hydrated). That prevents dryness, flaking, tightness, etc.
If you want to apply watery lotions, you’ll have to do it before the normal moisturizer. Aloe Vera gel would make a great addition to your beauty routine. Apply a very small amount on the whole face and then continue with the right moisturizer for your skin type. Non-comedogenic ones are great for oily and combination skin types.
Using the wrong skin care products can do your skin more harm, even though it may seem it doesn’t. Since the skin’s needs change with the seasons, it’s important to adapt and adjust accordingly.
In this article, you have a list with some of the best natural face moisturizer products. They come with the pros and cons you need to make an informed decision. Also, the tips and details about daytime and nighttime moisturizers will hopefully, help you find what your skin needs.
How do you find your beauty routine? Is it hard to follow all those basic principles? I’d like to know your opinion on this matter, as I myself, have struggled a bit before getting it right.