A diffuser bracelet can add a lot to your outfit and well-being. Today, we’re lucky to have such pieces to wear outside and still enjoy the benefits of Aromatherapy. Find out more about the many advantages of wearing an essential oil diffuser bracelet.
In this article, you’ll be reading about:
- The advantages and disadvantages of Aroma jewelry. Knowing these things will help you understand their functionality better.
- Some of the best bracelets to wear as essential oil diffusers. With pros and cons to decide which one you need.
- Some ideas to use your aromatherapy bracelets. There are plenty that can help you enjoy the benefits of essential oils whenever, wherever.
- A few blend recipes for your diffuser bracelets. They’ll enhance your well-being throughout the day (or night).
Advantages and Disadvantages of Aroma Jewelry
What is Aroma jewelry? Aroma jewelry is a special kind of jewelry that uses aromatherapy oils. They can be used for many purposes and in many different ways.
An essential oil is a concentrated plant extract. Its chemical composition is very complex and its molecules are volatile (they evaporate). This is the main reason for which they’re perfect in aromatherapy.
There are many ways in which you can diffuse essential oils. The most popular are electric diffusers and nebulizers. They are powerful devices that can cover very large areas. But an essential oil diffuser bracelet is a bit different. Here are its advantages and disadvantages:
- A diffuser bracelet is softer and the scents more subtle.
- It is also more personal as you carry your favorite scents with you all the time.
- They can complement an outfit and make you stand out effortlessly.
- The fragrance of the oils diffuses very slowly, at a natural rhythm (with body heat).
- Diffuser bracelets are easy to use. You pour a few drops of a blend or essential oil onto the special pad of the bracelet and you’re ready.
- The pads they use to absorb and hold the oil fragrance are replaceable. This makes them great to try and test new aromas all the time.
- They’re perfect to wear as perfumes or for therapeutic purposes.
- These oil fragrances have many health benefits, including mood enhancement.
- One of the most important features of this type of oil diffusing is that it uses only natural body heat. This ensures that the oil molecules are intact, thus their benefits unspoiled. The essential oil molecules can be destroyed at high temperatures. Candle oil burners for instance, can destroy most of their properties, especially if the candle is kept on for too long.
- Citrus oils are phototoxic. They cannot be applied directly to the skin before sun exposure. Essential oil diffuser bracelets are the perfect means and occasion to enjoy essential oils. The fresh and uplifting effects and fragrance of citrus oils is always worth it. This way they will not touch your skin, only your mood.
- One single essential oil bracelet may not be suited for certain outfits. That could mean buying more bracelets with different designs to go with most of your outfits.
- The coverage area is limited to the bracelet itself. It can cover a wider area only when the oils are fresh. However, being worn on the wrist and moving your hand all day long, the air will disperse the oil molecules on a regular basis. They can do that even when they lose some of their power.
As you can see, there are tons of advantages to wearing an aroma diffuser bracelet. All that’s left is to buy yourself one and then choose your oil(s). Depending on what you intend to achieve with a specific oil, you have tens of them to choose from.
Some have a more powerful scent (base notes), while others will evaporate in a couple of hours (top notes). Here’s more on essential oil scents for perfumes.
What can essential oils actually do?
- Enhance your mood.
- Boost your energy and focus levels.
- Soothe inflammations.
- Prevent viral infections.
- Treat headaches, migraines, nausea, etc.
- Relax and deal with anxiety symptoms.
- Prevent stress-related health problems.
- Purify the air you breathe.
And now it’s time to move on to some very good looking and practical essential oil bracelets.
Best Essential Oil Diffuser Bracelets (Pros and Cons)
I will give you all their specifications and details to help you choose the best one. Keep on reading and you’ll also find some blends to use with your bracelets.
1) BESTTERN Aromatherapy Diffuser Locket Bracelet
This is a very fancy essential oil diffuser bracelet. It’s made of surgical stainless steel, which is non-corrosive. It is also easy to clean and disinfect, and it’s a very strong material.
Surgical stainless steel is great for body jewelry such as aroma bracelets. It is actually preferred as it resists scratches very well. It can be polished into a very attractive shininess too.
- This aroma bracelet comes with washable, colored pads.
- The locket’s diameter is 20mm and the bangle’s is 2.5 inches (6 cm). It is also adjustable.
- It’s easy to use. Simply open the locket, add up to 5 drops of essential oil onto the pad and close.
- The box comes with an adjustable bracelet, one locket and colored, washable pads.
- Suitable for average – sized wrists.
- It looks good and it’s light and comfortable to wear.
- The locket has hinges which open easily.
- The bangle has a pretty tree design.
- Not fit for a child’s wrist.
- When you order, make sure the bangle’s design is a tree and not an ohm.
- Washing the tiny oil pads may be a bit annoying, so you might end up buying a spare set.
Why I like it:
I like the BESTTERN Diffuser Bracelet because it’s light and comfortable to wear. It also has a pretty design and the colored pads make it easy to wear with various outfits.
2) Dhnewsun Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser Bracelet
This is another chic surgical stainless steel aroma bracelet. It would make for a beautiful gift as it doesn’t tarnish, corrode or scratch.
- The diameter of the pendant of this essential oil diffuser bracelet is 2.5 cm (an inch).
- It has a total length of 21 cm (8.26 inches) plus 1.5 cm tail chain, which is adjustable.
- The pendant weighs 22 grams (0.77 ounces).
- The surgical stainless steel is hypo-allergenic and very durable.
- The closing of the pendant is magnetic.
- It has a solid back which ensures there won’t be any oil leakage.
- The pendant has a delicate flower-like pattern and a small crystal in the middle.
- The chain of the Dhnewsun bracelet is high quality and resistant.
- The box comes with 6 reusable, colored felt pads. You can choose between white and black, purple and pink, yellow and green.
- Adjustable to sizes of up to 22 cm (8.5 inches).
- The pads can be hand-washed.
- You will need to reapply an oil every day for a stronger smell. Yet, each scent will depend on the oil used. Some are base notes, which last a very long time. Others evaporate very fast and need constant reapplying.
- It can be a bit harder to put on by yourself.
- The fit is not snug so the bracelet will be free to move around on your wrist. Some people may be bothered by this thing.
Why I like it:
This bracelet has a delicate design and it’s made of good quality materials. The Dhnewsun essential oil diffuser bracelet makes for a great gift. It also adds a very nice touch to any outfit you might wear.
3) Essential Oil Diffuser Locket Bracelet Leather Band
This piece of Aroma jewelry is a different type of bracelet. Only its pendant is stainless steel but the strapping bands are leather. This feature can completely change the way your outfit looks.
If the above mentioned bracelets are able to give you a more casual-elegant air, this bracelet can add a bit of a rebellious touch.
- The pendant has a nice, simple tree design. It is made of surgical stainless steel that can last for years. It doesn’t corrode or tarnish.
- The diameter of the locket is 25 mm (one inch).
- The box contains the pendant, the leather cord and 8 colored, washable pads.
- The locket twists open.
- The pads hold the essential oils well. If you add up to 5 drops, there’ll be no leaking.
- The fabric of the pads washes out easily, without deteriorating.
- This essential oil diffuser bracelet can be worn by both women and men.
- The bracelet may slide to the side of the wrist.
- The leather cord may be too long for smaller wrists.
Why I like it:
All in all, this leather cord Aroma bracelet is very easy to wear. It can also be worn with many outfits and stand out in a subtle way. It holds the fragrances very well too. Thus, you can use its pads with essential oil blends or your favorite perfumes.
4) Mana Vibes Lava Rock and Amazonite Essential Oil Beaded Bracelet
This lava stone bracelet holds a special significance for those who care about chakras. The lava stone beads are very porous, thus they absorb the oils really well.
This bracelet will be all around the wrist and pulse points. Because of that, the scents will be discreetly and constantly diffused. This lava bead bracelet is a chakra bracelet.
A chakra bracelet refers to the Indian belief in 7 spiritual power centers that can be found in the human body. Each center is represented by its own color. Wearing these colors, one can achieve healing and balancing effects on the mind and body.
- The beads are 8 mm blue, semi-precious Amazonite. This stone is often used for honor, communication, hope, trust and integrity. The blue color belongs to the throat chakra. It is worn to balance thyroid problems, fever and menopause symptoms. It is also used for mood swings and hormonal issues.
- The Mana Vibes Lava Rock diffuser bracelet goes perfectly with blue essential oils. They can be German Chamomile, Blue Tansy, etc.
- The bracelet is elastic, making it easy to slip on or off. It measures 7 inches (18 cm).
- It can be worn by men, teenagers and women.
- The bracelet comes in a burlap gift pouch.
- The seller has offered to replace the bracelet if it breaks. Or they can give you back your money if you don’t feel any positive vibrations.
- You can imbue up to 4 lava beads with essential oils for a strong smell.
- This lava bead bracelet can slip off smaller wrists. The seller says it fits 6.5 – 7 inches wrists, which means children may not wear it.
- You should never wear your essential oil diffuser jewelry inside a tanning bed.
- Unless you want to wash off the smell of a previous oil, you should not wear it while showering also.
- The elastic chain may snap if stretched to maximum.
Why I like it:
This is a very chic and easy to wear lava stone bracelet. It is especially useful when practicing yoga, to relax and gain more self-confidence. Those blue, semi-precious stones will look great with many outfits too.
Ideas and Uses for Pieces of Essential Oil Diffuser Jewelry
Aroma jewelry has a double function. Firstly, it helps accessorizing an outfit. Secondly, it helps releasing the beneficial effects of essential oils. They diffuse their volatile molecules in a subtle way.
Only the aroma used can make a difference in how strong the scent is. Luckily, some essential oils have some really beautiful aromas. Because of that, they do deserve to be used and worn very often.
It has been proven that scents are connected to the limbic system. The limbic system is the center of emotions, long-term memory and behavior.
Just think about the moment you smell something familiar. Something like a cake your grandma used to make when you were a child.
That can instantly send you down memory lane and change your mood and behavior. You might feel nostalgic and all dreamy, and maybe even in a better mood. The opposite however, works the same.
Research shows that relaxation therapies such as Aromatherapy can lower blood pressure and heart rate. Researchers recommend wearing some piece of jewelry, such as a necklace or a bracelet in our case. This way, you could prevent cardio-vascular problems.
At home, it’s easy to enjoy the oils’ benefits. You can diffuse them all day long (every 2 hours that is!). But when you leave the house that is no longer possible. That’s when an essential oil diffuser bracelet comes in handy.
An aroma bracelet can be used to:
1) Wear as perfume.
You can make your own essential oil perfume blend. Or you can spray your favorite commercial perfume on the pad.
2) Relieve tension and stress.
A DIY relaxing blend can make a huge difference in how you spend your working days. Your bracelet will help you control your heart rate and keep your blood pressure under control. Working hours may seem a bit easier and more relaxed this way.
3) Repel insects.
Some essential oils have great repellent effects. Lavender, Lemongrass, Clove bud, etc. can all be used to keep insects (mosquitoes, flies, ants) away. You can add a few drops of a chosen oil to the pad of your bracelet and wear outside.
4) Boost your energy and focus levels.
Some oils have very uplifting and refreshing effects on the mind and body. Citrus oils in particular, are so. But research shows that Rosemary for instance, can help you focus better and remember to do things.
Regardless of the purpose of a chosen oil, it’ll always affect your mind and body. This effect can be positive or negative, depending on the dosage and oil used.
- Keep in mind that it’s not recommended to inhale essential oils for more than 60 continuous minutes. They will then do more harm than good. Medical data shows that prolonged exposure to volatile oil molecules can raise the blood pressure and heart rate. That will lead to the opposite of relaxation. However, we must not forget that the diffusion of an essential oil through a bracelet is not continuous. After the first half an hour, you will probably have to move your hand or bring the bracelet to your nose to feel the scent.
- Make sure the oils used are appropriate for children, pregnant and breastfeeding women. Or for elderly people! Some oils can be very toxic for these categories of people.
- Avoid touching the beads or the felt pads with your fingers. If you do though, don’t forget to wash your hands immediately. The oils can irritate the eyes, nose and mouth.
Blend Recipes for Your Essential Oil Diffuser Bracelets
After talking about the uses of essential oil bracelets, it’s time we got more practical. Aromatherapy involves the use of many plant essences and extracts.
Because of that, there are over a hundred essential oils out there to pick from. That can help you create a blend that has your desired effects and smells nice at the same time.
Anti-Stress Diffuser Recipe
- Vetiver essential oil: 3 drops
- Ylang-Ylang essential oil: 3 drops
- Litsea Cubeba essential oil: 5 drops
Mix all these oils in a glass bottle and pour up to 5 drops on your bracelet’s pad or beads. The oils will lower the blood pressure and stimulate the production of serotonin. It is the feel-good neurotransmitter.
Sleep Well Diffuser Recipe
- Lavender essential oil (EO): 6 drops
- Rose Otto (EO): 3 drops
Blend these oils well and keep them stored in a glass bottle. Apply 4 – 5 drops on your bracelet, 30 minutes before going to bed.
You can take the bracelet off and place it near your bedside. Or you can keep wearing it as its scent will be less potent during the night. It is never a good idea to sleep with an oil diffuser on during sleep time.
Insect Repellent Bracelet Diffuser Recipe
- Lavender essential oil: 15 drops
- Clove bud essential oil: 15 drops
- Citronella essential oil: 15 drops
Pour from this mix a few drops over your bracelet beads or pads and wear the bracelet outside during summer. These oils have strong repellent effects and many insect would rather not get near.
Soothing Digestive Problems Recipe
- Peppermint EO: 2 drops
- Roman Chamomile EO: 2 drops
Add these oil drops to your bracelet and relax for a few good minutes. You can make a larger quantity of this blend and simply use up to 4 – 5 drops when needed.
As you can well see, jewelry goes well with Aromatherapy. It looks good on you and compliments your outfits just great. And on top of that, Aroma jewelry can also help you take your favorite oils with you.
In this article, you have four different essential oil diffuser bracelet choices. Each has its own advantages, but they also have a few disadvantages.
Which one will you choose and why? I’ll look forward to hear your thoughts and impressions on these jewelry pieces.